Saturday, October 10, 2009

Interesting Flu Times...

So our lives have been crazy the last few weeks and we are now in the midst of isolation. Why, you might say? Well, because it appears that my daughter brought home the lovely flu bug from preschool.

The timeline of the last few days...
-Thursday midday - pick up Abby from preschool and discover that she has a fever (when she didn't have one when I dropped her off)
-Th pm - took her to the doctor's for check since she reacts badly to the flu because of her asthma - unable to fill the tamiflu script because none of the pharmacies in our area had any to give me
-Fri am - Abby woke up wheezing, not a good sign
-Fri noon - Abby's chest starts to cave in a little as she's breathing, a worse sign that she's not liking the flu
-Fri 3pm - Abby has a coughing fit which turns her lips blue - since the 2 albuterol nebulizer treatments have obviously done nothing, we rush her off to the ER. We need the big guns.
-Fri 7pm - we're headed home with a little girl who's feeling so much better (thanks to wonderful steroids!) She's officially diagnosed with Influenza Type A (which H1N1 is a subgroup of) and croupe.
-Sat am - Ben and Ellie are exhibiting minimal signs that they might be fighting it too.

So we are officially stuck in the house for the rest of the weekend. I feel bad because I know all the neighbor friends have been exposed, so I'm praying that no one else gets it. Turns out that at least 50% of Abby's preschool class is sick. At least we're getting it done and over with and now I won't have to worry about it.

Ben likes the fact that we haven't had much school in the last few days, I'm thankful that my husband worked from home yesterday and was able to do the ER thing with me and we are all thankful that the Lord has blessed us by allowing us to live in an area that has the medication we need.

Now if only he would bless me with a new laptop since mine decided to get the C1J1 - cranberry juice flu, as I call it. A year ago, Ellie spilled a whole glass of juice into my laptop. I cried. Truly cried when I picked it up and juice poured out of it. But my awesome husband got it working again. Until this week when it decided to be cranky and shut off for good. At 10pm, my awesome husband was saving all those important homeschooling documents and files for me onto the desktop. Now I'm stuck in the office to do anything, which is not good. I hadn't realized how much I like being able to move around the house. We are now debating whether to get a new laptop for me or try to refit an old one of his from work.

I am so hoping that next week we can get back to normal...well, whatever normal is for that week!

3 comments:

  1. I am sorry to read that all is not well. I hope that everyone if feeling better soon! Hey, if you're stuck at home, come on over to my blog and join the contest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, how is everyone doing over there in flu land?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Beth - here is the link to the website we used to find the beach house in NC ... hope it helps!

    http://www.vrbo.com/default_new.aspx

    ReplyDelete