Friday, September 18, 2009

Tired....

So how come no one warns you when you start homeschooling that you are going to be tired? Not physically tired, but mentally tired. We have finished another week and things are going well. But I hit friday and it's like my brain is working in very, very slow mode.

I have the answer. I just need to stop thinking for a while. My brain hasn't had to do this much thinking for 13 years. After having the three kids, there isn't as much brain power as there used to be. So I'll just give it a break for a while, let it rest up a bit.

So when my brain restarts itself, it will hopefully be monday :)

3 comments:

  1. The great thing about homeschooling is that if you need a break, you can take one. You can chose to work ahead or slow down a little. We homeschool 6 days a week.. Monday through Saturday.. but we do not go as many hours as most people do each day. By doing our school 6 days a week it is less of a burnout, which almost seems like it would be reversed. Anyway you are going great so far!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the Board of Education, the Superintendent, the Principal, and the classroom teacher. You can schedule a teacher in-service day or a holiday whenever you want!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Beth, my name is Kristi Gesink and I work for the Homeschooling company Alpha Omega Publications. I noticed after reading through your blog that you use our Horizons curriculum as part of your curriculum to teach your children at home. We would like to say a big thank you for mentioning our products on your blog and we would appreciate it very much if you would please turn that mention into a link from your blog to our site at http://www.aophomeschooling.com, that way friends and readers can simply click on the link and find out more information about your great curriculum choice!

    If you have any questions please email me at tkgesink@mtcnet.net

    Thanks again and have a fantastic day!
    Kristi Gesink
    AOP

    ReplyDelete