Thursday, September 10, 2009

Thank you Mom!

It was a rough week as we had to adjust to bringing Abby to preschool TWTh mornings and do schoolwork on the road. It meant that our days are now longer than I would like as the kids end up finishing their work thru the afternoon. I used to think that I'd still have some free time in the afternoon. What was I thinking? :)

We were finishing up some grammar after getting home from Abby's speech session, when Ben came up behind me. Now it won't be long before he's taller than me. Right now, he's a great height to give a hug. This time, he gave me the hug. A huge, big hug and said "Mom, thanks for homeschooling me. I love you!" It was enough to melt my heart. On a day when I was tired and wondering if I can handle the schedule, I got the boost I needed to remember why we are homeschooling to begin with.

2 comments:

  1. I know those blues all too well. We've been carting children to preschool for three years now. This should be my last year for doing that. It's challenging, but worth it! Keep working hard, mom! You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have our moments. Moments of spontaneous hugging is what gets us through those OTHER moments.

    ReplyDelete