Thursday, September 17, 2009

We hit our first milestone!

It's official. We have done 100+ hours of school!!! Yeah!

That means we are 1/9 done for the year. I never thought that I'd be one obsessing over how many hours we put in, thinking we'd just count days (we get to choose in PA whether to do 180 days or 900 hours). Other homeschoolers say that it's easier to count days. it probably is, but my Homeschool Tracker has a nifty little tally that happens all by itself as I check off our schedule. I love it. I love being able to see it change and yesterday our total hours went over 100.

I know that it's blurry, but you can just make out the time spent. :)
Sigh. What a great sense of accomplishment, that we've made it thru this far with little issues. Oh, I don't count the math tantrums and the grammar groaning. Those are normal, aren't they? We are in a routine and though I need to shake it up a notch to get some more excitement into learning, we're doing great.

You know what, it's time for a field trip! I didn't know that we would've hit this milestone when we made our original plans, but today's field trip is going to be fun. The kids are excited, I'm excited and Daddy's actually home to join us :) Life is good.

Now if only the rain would stop, it'd be a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! 100 hours is an accomplishment worth celebrating. A field trip sounds like a nice idea!

    ReplyDelete